Lapland is above ordinary - spiritually,
geographically and in everything it does.
Lapland is a safe and healthy living environment for
growth and development. You can live and work in the region and be
in the heart of nature at the same time. In Lapland the pieces of
life fall into place.
Lapland is peaceful, a place you can always breathe
in deeply and feel free from daily stress. The world is near, yet
suitably far away. The very best Arctic region.
- Lapland is the cleanest corner of Europe: Lapland has been
proven to have the purest air and the cleanest wild food such as
reindeer, game, fish, berries and mushrooms. Due to the bedrock
the soil is naturally very pure. (Source: MTT Agrifood Research
Finland, Northern Purity 2012 www.lapintutkimusseura.fi).
- Lapland is globally the largest organic area of renewable
nature products. The certified area is about 9 million hectares,
99% of the forest area of Lapland. (Source: MTT Agrifood Research
Finland and 4H Lapland).
- Space to live
- 8 seasonal periods: First Snow, Christmas, Frosty Winter,
Crusty Snow, Departure of Ice, Midnight Sun, Harvest Season and
- Good employment prospects for the future
- Excellence in numeorus sectors
- Unique natural resources
- Ski trails from October until May
- The Sámi culture
- Santa Claus
- As many reindeer as people
LAPLAND - ABOVE ORDINARY chrystalizes five factors
which makes Lapland attractive: